|Average length of stay||7 days|
|Length of stay in hospital||1 night|
|Operation duration||2-4 hours|
|Recovery duration||10 days|
All You Need to Know About Breast Augmentation Surgery in Turkey
Breast augmentation surgery is done to increase breast size, mostly through the implantation of a prosthesis. The prosthesis will expand the breast area to increase the cup size, a better contour, and better cleavage.
Breast augmentations include breast uplift and enlargement and reduction procedures. Breast uplift improves the breast's appearance, removing excess skin underneath the breast or around the area of dark tissue surrounding the nipple (areola). The breast's skin and tissue are tightened, and the nipple is brought to a higher position to give a firmer appearance. Breast Augmentation increases the breast's size by implanting the prosthesis. In contrast, breast reduction is a surgery for patients seeking relief from physical symptoms caused by large breasts' excessive weight, medically known as breast hypertrophy. Most breast augmentation surgeries involve general anesthesia.
Step by Step Guide to Breast Augmentation Surgery
The breast augmentation procedure is done by inserting the breast implant, and your cosmetic surgeon will make a single cut in three places: in the crease under your breast, under your arm, and around your nipple. After making an incision, your surgeon will separate your breast tissue from your chest's muscles and connective tissue. This surgery creates a pocket either behind or in front of the chest wall's outermost muscle. Your surgeon will insert the implant into this pocket and center it behind your nipple.
• Saline implants are placed empty and filled with sterile saline when placed in place. Silicone implants are pre-filled with silicone gel,
• Once the implant is placed, the cosmetic surgeon will close the incision (typically with stitches) and bandage it with skin adhesive and surgical tape.
After the breast augmentation surgery is over, you may feel tightness or muscle aches in the surgical area. The pain decreases as the muscles stretch and relax.
The Benefits of Breast Augmentation Surgery
For some women, breast enlargement is a way to feel more confident. For others, it's part of rebuilding the breast for a variety of conditions. Breast Augmentation can help you with;
• Improves the physical appearance,
• Provides reconstruction of the breast after mastectomy or other breast surgery,
• Correction of irregular breasts due to surgery or other condition,
• Increasing breast size after pregnancy or breastfeeding,
• People seeking male-to-female or male-to-non binary top surgery might also get a breast augmentation.
Does Breast Augmentation Surgery Have Any Side Effects?
As with all types of surgery, breast enlargement has potential side effects. These are:
• Common surgical complications include scarring, wound infections, and bleeding problems.
• Breast pain
• Changes in breast or nipple sensation
• Incorrect position of the implant
You need to consult with your doctor and make sure your doctor informed you of every side effect. On average, breast implants last about ten years. You'll eventually need surgery to replace or remove them.
Breast Augmentation Recovery and Outcome
It might take up to 6 to 8 weeks to recover after a Breast Augmentation surgery. However, as each body is different, recovery may vary from person to person. Every person is different, so it's best to talk to our assistants and doctors if you have any concerns about the healing process.
Hours after surgery, you will feel less painful and sleepy. Before leaving the hospital, your surgeon will wrap your breasts with a bra or elastic band. This band will support your breasts during the healing process. Your surgeon will also explain the care of the incision sites in detail.
Even though your doctor will prescribe medication to help control the pain, you may experience the most discomfort during the first 3 to 5 days. You may have small bleeding at the incision sites. Do not worry; this bleeding is normal. However, if you are concerned about any bleeding, you can contact your surgeon.
One week after surgery, you can manage the pain with over-the-counter pain medication. After the first week, the pain will be minimal. When your surgeon approves, you can gradually return to light daily activities.
You may still feel some pain and swelling over the next few weeks. However, it should get better gradually.
You should take three weeks or more off if you have a physically demanding job. You should also avoid activities that require intense physical activity, such as jogging and heavy lifting.
After about two months, you should be approaching a full recovery. Your doctor will inform you when you can continue with everyday activities.
Important Points for the Healing Process
The process after successful breast augmentation depends on how well you are healing. To be sure you're recovering smoothly, you can:
• Wear recovery bras. Follow your doctor's instructions. Recovery bras provide support and help reduce pain and swelling.
• Take care of your incisions. You may need to wear a bandage or ointment according to your surgeon's recommendations. Always follow your doctor's instructions.
• Don't forget to take your medication. During the first week, pain relievers will help you feel more comfortable. Follow your doctor's orders if they prescribed antibiotics.
• Wear loose clothing. Loose, breathable clothing will help you feel more comfortable,
• Avoid difficult activities. Strenuous movements can delay the healing process,
• Don't forget to eat nutritious foods. Healthy foods will help your body to recover faster. Eat plenty of lean protein, fruits, and vegetables.
Who can Undergo Breast Augmentation Surgery?
We strongly recommend that you consult a cosmetic surgeon before deciding on a Breast Augmentation surgery. If you meet these criteria, you can undergo this procedure:
• If you are physically healthy, not pregnant or breastfeeding,
• If you have realistic expectations,
• If your breasts are fully developed,
• If you are uncomfortable with your breasts being too small,
• Your breasts have lost their shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or aging.
• If you are not satisfied with the "empty" appearance of your upper chest,
• If your breasts are asymmetrical
• If one or both breasts did not develop naturally or have an elongated shape, you can have breast augmentation surgery.
How Much Does Breast Augmentation Cost?
You can leave your phone number to us on our website, and the Medco HealthCo team will get in touch with you to draw up a free treatment plan and cost estimate.